We live in a weird time. The corona virus is on the move and is making its mark all over the world. People have to stay indoors. Working from home is the norm and some are really not allowed to leave the house.
To make this all a little easier (as it is no pleasure to sit inside for weeks), we have a simple and fun activity in store for you to add color and flavor to your day. For example, quarantining is not that bad.
Make your own bread! Now that you no longer have so much to do, there is finally time to make your own bread. This is much healthier, super easy and fun to do. On the internet you will find all kinds of delicious bread recipes. You decide how easy or difficult you want to make it. You can make a tasty bread with 4 ingredients… Wheat flour, yeast, salt and water. And it is super cheap! Keep in mind that it will take some time before your bread is ready. To bake a nice sandwich, you first have to let the dough rise for several hours. Do you want to make a bit more exciting bread? Then you can choose focaccia bread, brioche bread, raisin bread or give your bread your own twist.
Is your bread out of the oven and cooled? Go a step further than the standard cheese sandwich for lunch. Upgrade your sandwich and make a super deluxe sandwich! Now you think "Yes, I just baked a whole loaf of bread, now I have to make an effort for a sandwich." No, no, don't worry. You fixed this like this.
- Cut two slices of bread from your homemade bread.
- Spread one side of each slice with a little butter
- Go to www.grenzeloosmaastricht.nl/lunch-in-maastricht/ and find inspiration for your sandwich.
- Build your sandwich as you want it. Fancy something sweet? Use mascarpone and raspberries. Fancy something savory? Use grated cheddar cheese, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Or just use what you have at home.
- Place your sandwich under the grill for 4.5 minutes. Don't have a grill? Then put it in a frying pan and switch sides after 3-5 min.
- When the sandwich is golden brown, remove it from the pan and cut it in half.
- Enjoy your meal!
We are curious about your creation! Do you share it with us via Facebook or Instagram?
If you have any questions about how you can make the tastiest sandwich of all time, send us a message and we will think along with you!